Vice President, Finance
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a team of 900+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from 11 offices across the globe (including our New York City headquarters).
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
We are currently hiring for a newly created senior position. The Vice President of Finance will be a leader within our growing Finance team. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President of Finance will be responsible for the oversight of Accordion’s financial operations and reporting. You will have direct management oversight of all accounting and finance functions and be responsible for business planning as well as performance and financial management. This highly visible cross-functional role will work directly with our Executive Leadership Team (ELT) along with our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) through financial planning, analysis, providing advice to support the growth of the business while serving as the steward for Accordion’s P&L.
The Vice President of Finance will serve as a strategic advisor to our CFO and leadership teams by providing high quality, proactive and commercially insightful analysis. As a skilled and experienced finance and accounting professional, you will have oversight of our Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis teams.
Given our high-growth ambitions, this person will have an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset with a proven ability to lead and deliver in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a leader who will bring best practices in strategic planning and analysis, accounting operations, and financial management, but most importantly, will take an active role in supporting the daily growth of our company. This role requires the ability to provide well-reasoned and articulated recommendations to the executive and operational leadership teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the CFO in all aspects pertaining to Finance and Accounting and Corporate Finance including preparation for and presentations to leadership, Board of Directors.
- Oversee all aspects of the company's financial planning and analysis, forecasting, accounting, strategic finance, and reporting with a focus on strategic decision-making as well as tactical day-to-day delivery.
- Develop and accurately report on key metrics tied to the financial and strategic objectives of financial management and accounting.
- Manage budgeting and planning, cost management, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting; own the financial model across multiple products and product lines.
- Presents and participates at Senior Leadership meetings at the direction of Executive Leadership and/or CFO.
- Manage and oversee the monthly, half-yearly, and annual financial statement and close processes including the development of a management dashboard. Ensure any variances to the budget are understood and highlighted. Reforecast where appropriate.
- Generate financial models and forecasts; monitor core performance metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and communicate these across the business.
- Collaborate with practice leaders to strategize and define team budgets, hiring plans, and other key performance indicators.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations based on balance sheet trends, cash flows, and organizational long-range planning strategies.
- Work in partnership with the Business Operations team to provide accounting support for the evaluation of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and new business partnerships for the international segment. This includes executing pre-acquisition due diligence, opening balance sheet accounting and integration activities.
- Actively manage, mentor and coach team members; inspire and encourage continued growth and development.
- Organize and inspire a team of highly skilled finance professionals to deliver on departmental goals.
- Develop and maintain “best-in-class” core FP&A functions, including forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, liquidity planning, M&A modeling/analysis, Annual Operating Plan (budget) and 3-year strategic plan.
- Act on the CFO’s behalf and ability to influence senior stakeholders with breadth of knowledge and understanding of our business.
- Proven track record as an influential change agent, championing, organizing and successfully and efficiently executing new ideas and initiatives.
- Knowledge of the main elements and drivers of income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flow.
- Lead preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual company financial performance reporting and analysis.
This position must be based in our New York office and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the area, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
Ideally, You Have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or similar field required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation and/or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years' experience as VP, Finance, CFO, or equivalent.
- Experience working with Private Equity, with an understanding of the unique requirements of the Private Equity industry and/or portfolio companies.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills with significant experience as it pertains to owning and executing complex financial models for analysis and forecasting, with ability to summarize key data into executive dashboards.
- Ability to influence, adapt and lead through change and ambiguity in a dynamic growth environment.
- Exceptional project management and time management skills, with a focus on delivering results on time, on budget and on goal.
- Inspirational leadership and mentoring skills, with a track record of building teams, driving individual development, and attracting and retaining talent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Experience with managing a global finance function and understanding of transfer pricing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
Salary: $250,000 to $300,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!