Global Account Manager
There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Practice Description: Consulting Operations
Accordion’s Sales Operations, a subset of the Global Operations function, supports a set of core business activities and processes that help the Accordion Sales organization run effectively, efficiently and in support of business strategies and objectives. We work collaboratively with our business and practice leaders to enhance the way we service our clients and deliver on the better way to work in finance.
We are actively seeking two Global Account Managers with strong professional services experience to join our team. You will provide extensive support on Strategic Account Planning, Business Development, Client Relationship Management, and Cross-Functional Collaboration to name a few.
This position must be based in our New York office and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the area, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategic Account Planning:
- Collaborate with Platinum Account Quarterbacks to develop, implement and monitor strategic account plans to ensure consistent pursuit delivery, client satisfaction, and revenue growth
- Manage and leader regular cadence of communications with assigned account teams
- Collaborate with internal teams to align service offerings with client needs
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and present recommendations
- Support account Sales goals and objectives set by Account Quarterbacks and CCO, including day-to-day support for assigned Platinum Accounts
- Business Development:
- Identify new business opportunities within existing accounts, including market research and analysis
- Support upselling / cross-selling of Accordion practices and service offerings
- Collaborate with the account teams to prepare proposals and presentations for assigned clients
- Provide input on account’s engagement history, buying patterns, organizational structure, culture, and competitors
- Stay informed about industry trends, market characteristics / dynamics, and competitor activities
- Client Relationship Management:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of clients’ business objectives and industry challenges
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of Accordion services
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Develop meaningful relationships with aligned Business Developers and Managing Directors, evolving into a trusted advisor
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or Business Development Manager preferably within the management consulting or private equity industry
- Strong research, analytical, and reporting skills
- Strong understanding of private equity operations and dynamics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as DealCloud, along with other Sales tools (HubSpot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Pitchbook, NetSuite, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, while driving timely and quality execution of all types of Platinum Account support requests
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Results-oriented with a focus on client satisfaction and business growth
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional work product
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- A strong team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
Salary: $130,000 - $150,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!