In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a team of 900+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from 11 offices across the globe (including our New York City headquarters).
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Transformation: Finance Transformation
With the increase in complexity of the business environment and transactions, CFOs of private equity backed companies are increasingly being looked towards to drive strategic insights for their business. Finance organizations are no longer simply result reporters, but rather, they couple these results with forward looking data to provide strategic insights which are leveraged to make business decisions. Efficiency of process and meaningful control environments allows for speed of financial reporting with increasingly accurate measures, leaving more time for the finance team to add future enterprise value, rather than look backwards.
Accordion’s Transformation Practice is comprised of a dedicated team providing strategic advice to support PE backed portfolio companies on a wide range of transactions and events, including profitability improvements, finance process optimization, liquidity enhancements and digital transformation transaction. We are doers and problem solvers – making sense of complexity and bolstering sponsors’ value creation thesis’s.
This position must be based in one of our office locations and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the areas, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
Work closely with other team members to serve clients within the office of the CFO of private equity portfolio companies, in the areas of finance strategy and processes improvements such as:
- Capability and Maturity assessments
- Operating Model Design
- Technology Optimization and Roadmaps
- Design and Process Enhancement across areas including order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report and FP&A
- Assess and recommend change management processes
- Drive initiatives to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit/shareholder value
- Develop and implement KPI dashboards and tracking tools
- Bring deep financial expertise and strong experience leading practices to engagements
- Manage multiple client engagements at the same time, ensure projects are on track, manage client expectations and perform course corrections when necessary
- Interact and build relationships with C-level personnel at portfolio company as well as representatives from Private Equity sponsors
- Assist in growing the firm by identifying and driving business development activities
- Identify and sponsor internal initiatives
Ideally, You Have:
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience working in a client serving role at a top-tier public accounting or financial advisory firm, and/or mix of client service and private industry experience at a senior level
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA is a plus
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple projects at the same time, managing not only client/sponsor dynamics but internal team dynamics as well
- A strong and up-to date knowledge of strategic finance best practices specifically related to the professionalization of the finance function
- Subject matter expert in financial business processes including order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report, FP&A, as well as other functions under the CFO purview
- Extensive expertise related to the design and implementation of strategies, processes and technology which increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit/shareholder value
- Experience designing and enhancing financial processes including Finance Automation and Technology deployment
- Experience performing financial and operational assessments
- Experience driving strategic finance transformations
- Experience working with Private Equity, with an understanding of the unique requirements of the Private Equity consulting environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong client service mindset
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Salary: $190,000 to $210,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!