IT Onsite Desktop Support Technician
There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Practice Description – IT End User Computing
The IT End User Computing team within Accordion is responsible for the support, availability, and serviceability of Accordion’s user facing technology. The team is responsible for building and maintaining a best-in-class environment for Accordion to operate and serve our clients while maintaining a strong focus on business continuity.
This is a full-time, on-site position based at our Dallas office. Candidates will need to be local to the area and in the office 5 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
The IT Onsite Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support for desktops, laptops, peripherals, and software applications for our Dallas office as well as other US locations. They will be in charge of desktop build, new hire apps and customer service new hire calls. They will predominantly be working in a window/PC environment with a few mac/IOS users. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent problem-solving skills, and a customer-oriented approach to assist our users with their IT-related issues.
- Respond to and resolve technical issues reported by end-users via phone, email, or in person.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware devices including desktops, laptops, printers, other peripherals, and office hardware / software as needed.
- Diagnose and resolve software problems, including operating systems and standard office applications.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to escalate and resolve complex technical issues.
- Create and update technical documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Provide technical training and guidance to users as needed.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and security standards.
- Document requests for assistance in the company ticketing system.
- Perform additional IT related responsibilities as needed.
Ideally, You Have:
- Certifications such as CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), or similar.
- Proven experience as a Desktop Support Technician or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MacOS operating systems.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite, and other common business applications.
- Familiarity with networking concepts and protocols.
- Experience with remote desktop support tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A customer-oriented approach with a focus on providing high-quality support.
Ideally, You Are:
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing)
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Knowledgeable of industry best practices in project management and business analysis
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Proactive and results-driven mindset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!