Practice Operations Lead
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Role Overview: Practice Operations Lead
Accordion provides business consulting services to the Office of the CFO for portfolio companies across our PE sponsor accounts. Our services address the broad range of needs of our CFO’s ranging from strategic (redefining the future of the finance organization) to tactical (accelerating the financial close).
As we continue to grow and scale as an organization, it is important that we incorporate leading product management disciplines with our Practice areas and corresponding service offerings.
What does this mean specifically?
- We want to deliver our products and services consistently across the markets we serve leveraging common methodologies, proprietary tools and delivery teams equipped with the skills and know-how to meet A+ execution expectations.
- We want to build, leverage, and share internal best practices to enhance our capabilities from lead qualification through to project close out.
- We want to foster collaboration and creativity to innovate our service offerings and upskill our consultants to meet the growing needs of our clients.
- We want to action the insights captured from our clients into better ways of meeting our client’s needs.
- We want to embed a continuous improvement focus with ‘what we do’ and ‘how we do it’.
The Ideal individual
This role requires someone who has a good understanding of product management disciplines and how to apply it in a consulting services context. An individual who is creative, strategically minded, detailed oriented, and a ‘roll up the sleeves’ team player. Someone who is eager to make their mark by building and sustaining a best-in-class product management capability that will be adopted universally amongst our Practice teams. This position will partner across our Practice leadership teams to design, build, and implement strong product management capabilities, strategies, and continuous improvement initiatives.
What You'll Do:
Build and deploy advanced product management capabilities across our Practice areas:
- Establish and implement product management standards across all Practice areas.
- Codify our product offerings to streamline the project lifecycle (pursuit through close) processes, improve delivery quality, and enhance project economics.
- Partner with Knowledge Management team members to maintain standards to enhance product offerings to support our delivery teams.
- Share learning and internal best practices amongst Practice teams, identify and deploy effective tool and templates to improve product management practices.
- Understand current and planned Practice initiatives and define creative product management strategies to enhance and support our teams.
- Participate in Product innovation sessions with Practice Leadership and facilitate the collaboration across Practice areas when shaping product to program solutions.
Translate business insights into how we promote and deliver in the market
- Translate product management insights captured from our current management processes (Net Provider Score, Win/Loss Analysis, Quality Risk Management, Close Checklist, etc..) and business reporting (project KPIs) into better ways of meeting our client’s needs and improving our practice delivery disciplines.
- Manage measurement and reporting of Practice KPI dashboards and reporting aligned to overall firm and Practice-specific product management objectives.
- Monitor and track compliance with the product management standards established.
- Provide an on-going assessment of our product offerings and product management capabilities and performance in comparison to competitors and best in class.
- Actively collaborate with Leadership teams to support the design and implementation of Go-To-Market campaigns.
Support Practice management processes
- Evaluate People / Talent development needs and coordinate curriculum design with L&D.
- Identify opportunities to enhance onboarding experience for new hires within Practice areas.
- Participate in on-going Practice team sessions, support facilitation and follow-through of activities as appropriate.
- Support the preparation of the Monthly Operating Report and Quarterly analyses.
- Working with Practice Lead to establish product priorities and provide a project management role to support the tracking and follow-through of objective.
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive product management experience such as creating strategic product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of the product management lifecycle, methodologies, approaches, and technologies.
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Expertise in identifying the implementation of effective tools and strategies to enhance and innovate current product offerings.
- Strong orientation to structure and process discipline.
- Deep analytical and market research skills and can translate detailed and dense information into thoughtful strategic insights.
- Proven ability to partner and influence senior leaders to help drive operations strategies and deliver upon business objectives.
- Experience working in a high growth environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth.
- Hungry, bright, and positive; you demonstrate great judgment and are proactive.
- Someone who can diagnose problems with an analytical mindset and collaborate with colleagues to provide practical solutions.
- Passionate about accuracy and have strong attention to detail.
- Independent and individually motivated with high integrity, but can also work effectively in a team.
- Creative problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Process oriented, but you also challenge convention.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!