Streamlining an M&A Integration With an EPM Platform
In 2018, two hospital networks merged to become the largest not-for-profit healthcare ministry in the United States. In doing so, they needed a financial EPM platform to integrate both companies. Platform Specialists (acquired by Accordion in February of 2022) was engaged as a team of experts to assist with the chart of accounts transformation and the alignment of their Oracle EPM applications.
Enterprise Performance Management & Systems
ERP/Financial System Execution
Budgeting & Forecasting Process Improvement
Merger Integration Planning & Execution
- Partnered with the Company to understand the requirements and specifications for financial reporting needs of the new combined Company.
- Created a Financial Consolidation solution along with various planning and budgeting applications.
- Built a new on-premise consolidations application, and various reporting solutions.
- Assisted with integrating several additional acquisitions into the new applications while creating a systematic approach for future acquisitions to more seamlessly integrate.
- Facilitated and discussed the Company’s cloud roadmap including proof-of-concepts (POCs).
- Was instrumental in the oversight of the Company’s chart of accounts (COA) design executed by another firm.
- Built a “lights-out” data integration processes to reduce manual intervention and improve data accuracy.
- Implemented a unified planning and budgeting tool for the entire organization, which was previously siloed amongst various acquisitions in disparate applications.
- Improved ministry wide capability to onboard new acquisitions with a custom training program – including videos and FAQs.
As a result of the engagement, Accordion delivered a robust EPM solution to meet all needs of the merger. In partnering with the Company to redesign the close processes, our team provided efficiencies to reporting – both from a “same facilities” and external reporting view. This enhancement broadened end-user capabilities and experience, while reducing strain on the system administration team. Coupled with enhanced business logic, the project yielded an increase in overall application performance which had previously impacted timing for reporting needs. Accordion was integral in the overall success of the project and remains a trusted partner for the Company today with a Cloud Upgrade currently underway.