There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Accordion’s Strategic FP&A Practice helps Finance teams build capabilities to enhance performance visibility, planning activities, data analytics, and business partnering to enable and accelerate value creation.
By combining extensive operational FP&A experience, data and technology skills, and a proprietary engagement model, we develop and implement tools and processes and deliver solutions that meet the rigor and pace required in a PE-backed environment.
This position must be based in our Dallas office and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the area, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do
As a Vice President on a lean, cross-functional team, you will work collaboratively with a diverse set of colleagues with backgrounds in Private Equity, Investment Banking, FP&A, Big 4 and Financial Controllers, to identify and rectify issues across a broad range of scenarios.
- Provide leadership support on client engagements including managing work streams to agreed timelines, performing quality control of client deliverables and leading the presentation of deliverables
- Develop financial and analytic models at various granularity levels to drive operational and transactional insights
- Conduct financial and business due diligence to assist with various investment and growth decisions
- Perform detailed analysis and synthesize actionable insights from data sets and unstructured information sources
- Construct impactful reports and presentations that enhance key stakeholders’ understanding of business trends and drivers
- Lead/participate in consultant teach-ins and other training exercises
- Participate in the performance review process for engagement teams
Ideally, You Have
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 6 years+ experience at a top tier private equity firm, investment bank and/or consulting firm
- Strong transactional finance experience as well as an understanding of operational finance
- Advanced Excel skills and very strong financial modeling and valuation skills; SQL, Power BI are highly desirable
- Strong quantitative and organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight in the completion of projects
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team-management skills
- High integrity, independent and individually motivated
Ideally, You Are
- Excited to be part of a growing team
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Experienced in advising clients on financial accounting issues
- Knowledgeable of complex financial accounting and operations issues
- Excessively detailed oriented with an eye for quality
- Experienced managing projects with tight deadlines
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- Able to work independently and as part of a team as needed
Salary: $170,000 to $205,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!