There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Practice Description - IT Security and Governance
The IT Security and Infrastructure team within Accordion is responsible for the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Accordion’s information assets. The team is responsible for building and maintaining a best-in-class environment for Accordion to operate and serve our clients while maintaining strong information security controls.
This position may be offered as remote work with quarterly travel to one of our offices; candidates that can work in a hybrid environment are highly desirable.
What You’ll Do:
As a Governance Manager within our IT Security group, you will be an integral part of our IT department, leading the implementation and maintenance of the governance program that will lay the framework for our organization's data security and regulatory requirements. Your role will lead the development and communication of security and IT policies, risk analyses, security awareness, and change management. With meticulous attention to detail, strong documentation, and an ability to communicate governance a commitment to upholding industry standards, you will play a crucial role in helping our organization navigate complex regulations, ensuring data integrity, and maintaining a strong security posture.
- Develop, deploy, and communicate policies: Build and deploy a policy framework that supports the business, reflects the regulatory landscape and meets client demands, with a focus toward future compliance certifications
- Governance Program Management: Design, implement, and manage comprehensive governance programs that address regulatory and industry-specific mandates. This includes risk assessment, policy development, and security awareness
- Audits and Assessments: Ensure the control environment is designed to meet requirements of internal and external compliance audits and assessments. Identify, document, and develop risk mitigation plans to continuously improve the effectiveness of our security controls and identify emerging areas of risk
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, legal, and risk management, to address governance and compliance-related issues and implement corrective actions
- Training and Awareness: Develop and deliver compliance and security training and awareness programs to educate employees on their responsibilities in maintaining compliance
- Incident Response: Assist in the development of incident response plans and procedures to address security incidents and breaches, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain detailed records of policies, standards and procedures, as well as maintain the organizations security risk register. Assist in the preparation of reports for management and regulatory authorities as necessary
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or a related field. Advanced degrees and certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA) are a plus.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years’ proven experience in security, audit, information governance, risk and compliance (IT GRC), preferably in a professional services environment
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, practices, and technologies.
- Excellent understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to convey complex compliance concepts to diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and lead cross-functional initiatives.
- Proficiency in compliance assessment and audit methodologies.
- Familiarity with compliance management software tools is a plus.
Ideally, You Are:
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Proactive and results-driven mindset
- Knowledgeable of industry best practices in project management and business analysis
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing)
- Proactive and results-driven mindset
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing regulatory landscapes and industry trends
Salary: $100,000 - $125,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!