Validating ERP Selection & Streamlining a Close Process
One of the US’s largest home care providers was grappling with extended 15-day delays in their monthly financial close. The company operated multiple GL systems, notably Great Plains and QuickBooks, which were decentralized and lacked integration with their other systems. Recognizing the need for a more advanced ERP system, the company decided on an ERP upgrade to enhance operational efficiency. Their thorough evaluation led them to shortlist NetSuite as the optimal choice.
Accordion’s services were enlisted to
- validate their selection of NetSuite as the preferred ERP system
- formulate an implementation strategy and blueprint for future system architecture for NetSuite
- achieve a consistent monthly close within a 10-day timeframe
- develop an implementation strategy for a new forecasting process/tool that analyzed the current state forecast accuracy and highlighted key historical variances, while also building a foundation for an acquisition playbook framework
Finance Close Process Acceleration
- Held over 60 meetings with stakeholders to review and understand key areas of the F&A function and current state architecture.
- Assessed current state capabilities relative to leading practices across several areas including close management process, technology enablement, procure-to-pay optimization, reporting and data optimization, and finance & accounting organization redesign.
- Examined AP systems and suggested consolidation onto the Coupa platform, while also proposing improvements to its existing functionality.
- Examined current state finance and accounting organization against industry standards and highlighted opportunities for future state refinement.
- Recommended chart of accounts redesign approach and standardization process.
- Validated their ERP selection process and conducted meetings with the senior leadership to discuss the implementation of NetSuite.
- Identified pain points around data collection and transformation in the planning process and recommended NSPB for their budgeting and forecasting needs.
- Leveraged phased approach to prioritize near-term utilization and training, and path to future state integrations synched with other system deployments.
Accordion identified and executed 16 quick wins and recommended 12 priority initiatives to reduce the current 15+ work-day month end close cycle to under 10 work-days. These achievements allowed for the target state to achieve faster financials, enhanced visibility, and scalability. We also provided a technical roadmap and advisory on the overall technology platform selection process for a ERP and CPM technology.