Managing Liquidity, Assessing the Business, and Providing M&A Support
A non-profit organization providing therapeutic and educational services to children with serious emotional and behavioral problems and their families engaged Mackinac Partners (acquired by Accordion in 2021) as financial advisors after its Board of Directors expressed concerns about liquidity issues and general transparency in the finance function.
Strategic Business Assessment
- Assisted the Company with the preparation of monthly financial reporting.
- Prepared a detailed business plan.
- Conducted a liquidity outlook assessment.
- Communicated consistently with the Board and secured lender.
- Assisted the Company with establishing processes for exploring potential partnerships, including acting as intermediaries for due diligence requirements and ultimately presenting options to the Board.
Working closely with the secured lender, our team was able to facilitate bridge financing to allow the Company to explore its merger opportunities. After extensive diligence and negotiation, the additional liquidity runway allowed the Company to select a merger partner, providing a stable platform for its core services to flourish without disruption.