Integrating Multiple Businesses Successfully
A PE-backed Healthcare Services business was established through the merger of three primary businesses. This resulted in the need to be integrated – with a particular focus on the Finance & Accounting processes and systems. Adding to the complexity, a fourth business was acquired in the midst of the integration execution (and also required integrating in a similar fashion).
Merger Integration Planning & Execution
Stakeholder Reporting & Strategic KPI Enhancement
Project Management Oversight
Our Accordion team worked shoulder-to-shoulder with management teams – and the sponsor’s deal and operating teams – to create a master integration plan for all four businesses. Key focus areas included:
- Consolidation of financial reporting on a monthly basis for management, lenders, and the board
- A consolidated budget, which incorporated each business and ensured integration efforts and costs would be reflected, with the flexibility to add in subsequent acquisitions into the model
- Opening balance sheet and New Working Capital adjustments for each of the four acquisitions
- New revenue recognition accounting standard early adoption (ASC 606) analysis, planning, and execution
- ERP and CRM system selection and project management across all four businesses
- Adjustment in integration plans for the acquisition of a fourth business
- Harmonized finance, accounting, and treasury processes and policies for the combined business
Our team was able to provide the Company and sponsor with a comprehensive integration management solution, which allowed the management team to focus on driving growth in the business. We operated in a modular fashion, allowing seamless scalability based on needs. For example, we were able to scale up immediately (when the fourth business was acquired) and scale down as integration efforts completed. The end result was the successful integration of the Finance & Accounting functions for the combined business.