Integrating Multiple Businesses Successfully
A private equity-backed healthcare services business had been formed through the merger of three primary businesses and needed to be integrated with a particular focus on the finance & accounting processes and systems. During the integration execution, a fourth business was acquired and needed to be integrated in a similar fashion.
Merger Integration Planning & Execution
Stakeholder Reporting & Strategic KPI Enhancement
Project Management Oversight
- Worked shoulder-to-shoulder with the Management Team and the Sponsor’s deal and operating teams to create a master integration plan for all three businesses (at first) with the following key focus areas:
- Consolidation of financial reporting on a monthly basis for management, lenders and the Board.
- A consolidated budget which incorporated each business and ensured integration efforts and costs would be reflected, with the flexibility to add a subsequent acquisitions into the model.
- Opening balance sheet and new working capital adjustments for each of the four acquisitions.
- New revenue recognition accounting standard early adoption (ASC606) analysis, planning, and execution.
- ERP and CRM system selection and project management across all four businesses.
- Adjustment in integration plans for the acquisition of a fourth business.
- Harmonized finance, accounting, and treasury processes and policies for the combined business.
Our Accordion team was able to provide the Company and Sponsor with a comprehensive integration management solution, which allowed the Management Team to focus on driving growth in the business. We operated in a modular fashion, allowing the easy scaling up and down based on needs; we were able to scale up immediately when the fourth business was acquired, and scale down as integration efforts completed. The result was the successful integration of the finance & accounting functions for the combined business.