Improving Budgeting, Insights, and Management of Workforce Personnel Costs
A Fortune 500 Media & Technology company needed a more efficient and accurate way to plan across their 200K+ employee base. Partnering closely with the client’s FP&A, HR, and Financial Systems teams, Accordion deployed an Anaplan solution to model both granular costs as well as help model strategic workforce hiring plans.
Budgeting/Forecasting Solution Implementation
Reporting & Analytics
Budgeting & Forecasting Optimization
- Developed organization-wide bottoms-up workforce expense planning, including headcount, salary, and other compensation GL account forecasting/budgeting in Anaplan.
- Forecasted headcount at the cost center/job profile level of detail – headcount forecasting capabilities including promotions, transfers, terminations, future to-be-hired creation, and attrition planning.
- GL account forecasting taking for bonus, OT, commission, taxes & benefits.
- Workforce planning across 150+ users throughout the organization, allowing for inputs at the budget, forecast, and a what-if forecast scenario.
- GL and headcount reporting features at several different sections of the organization, including business unit, cost center, lob/department, and customized entity combinations by user. Reports include roster comparisons vs prior data and variance analysis.
- Integrated data to and from Oracle Essbase, Workday HR, and other source systems.
Accordion enabled the company to obtain a single, centralized view of workforce costs and plans, along with an efficient way to manage operational people related costs and drivers. Our implementation ROI analysis survey showed approximately 200+ hours were saved per forecast cycle (5+ hours per planner) and 90% of planners noted a better and more efficient experience than their prior process.