Developing the Roadmap for the Finance Function
A company, newly backed by private equity, had projections of rapid growth and engaged Accordion to develop a finance function roadmap to ensure success. The Company did not have any current documentation of processes, controls, or metrics and was unaware of the gaps within their reporting packages, financial systems, and organizational structure. With an expectation of 100% revenue growth in eighteen months, the Company was in urgent need of identifying the gaps in their finance function and laying the foundational roadmap to enable scaling for their future.
Finance Function Assessment & Design
Finance Function Gap Analysis
ERP/Financial System Assessment
- Worked with stakeholders across the entire organization to understand their current processes, bottlenecks, and touch points with the core finance function.
- Formed a roadmap for a future finance organization that could meet and succeed the sponsor’s growth plan using in-depth interviews and reviewing current reporting packages and other materials .
- Developed detailed interview schedule, questionnaires and project timeline to organize and execute on the discovery phase.
- Executed in-depth interviews to document current state of the finance function including all stakeholders’ responsibilities, roles and responsibilities, and system functions.
- Identified gaps in the finance function focused on automated interfaces, reporting deficiencies, cross functional communication, metrics, process and controls.
- Outlined current roles and responsibilities within the finance function and developed a robust organizational structure to support future growth with necessary team size, skill sets, and layout recommendations.
- Developed a structured growth roadmap with projected implementation timelines and critical execution dates for change.
With the Company’s input, our Accordion team developed a robust finance function roadmap with necessary cross-functional development, reporting improvements, team growth, system enhancements, and process changes to support their rapid growth. We also generated detailed information on timelines and priorities. Finally, our team provided key templates and industry best practices to assist in the implementation of the Company’s new finance function roadmap.