Will has held senior finance, operational and strategic positions for private and public companies of all sizes and across all stages of the business cycle from small cap early stage, high-growth businesses to mature global conglomerates. His 25 years of experience has focused on working with companies facing critical financial, operational and strategic challenges and leading complex corporate initiatives which include developing/implementing bottoms-up long-range strategic business plans, creating global liquidity monitoring and management capabilities, finance function & system overhauls, esoteric debt & equity capital raises, and debt restructurings.
Will’s career started with Merrill Lynch in their Real Estate Investment Banking group where he structured large financings backed by all commercial asset types (office, retail, industrial, etc.). This knowledge base served as a strong platform to move into structuring and raising capital for international export securitizations in-and-out of the Latin American region. After business school, Will transitioned to working with companies as an interim manager, side-by-side with incumbent management teams.
As an interim-manager, Will has had exposure to a litany of industries as his leadership, finance, accounting and strategic capabilities have proven transferrable and valuable across multiple business models including exploration and production, digital media, aerospace manufacturing, ocean freight logistics, and on-line marketplaces. Core to Will’s capabilities is to triage, prioritize, and execute in partnership with management.
His representative experience includes:
- Interim CFO for an early-stage electric aircraft OEM developing cargo and passenger aircraft
- Supply chain and finance function advisor to an EPC company (London, The Hauge, Brno and Kuala Lumpur)
- Interim executive management for a family-owned manufacturing firm with facilities in 16 countries
- Chief Restructuring Officer for a global digital media company impaired by an unfavorable legal judgement
- Interim VP of Finance and Accounting for PE backed on-line marketplace
- Interim FPA for a PE owned middle-market industrial manufacturing company
- Turnaround & restructuring consultant to a national propane distribution company
- Financial advisor to the office of the CRO at an Atlantic City casino resort
- Restructuring advisor to medical transcription company with 4,000 employees in India
- Managed the Chapter 11 proceeding for a major domestic coal producer
Will has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Skidmore College and an M.B.A. from Columbia Business School. He is a Certified Turnaround Professional and a member of the Turnaround Management Association.
“When things don’t make sense, chances are you don’t have all the information.”