Mathew is a Managing Director with over 25 years of consulting, operating, and investing experience across a broad range of industries including consumer goods, healthcare, and technology. He focuses on high intervention situations, turnarounds, and major transformations for portfolio companies of leading Private Equity firms.
He has worked with senior executives, on cost reduction, business re-organization, merger integration and synergy estimation. Select engagements include:
- For a billion-dollar publicly traded medical device company, led a joint team of consultants and client personnel to identify $52 million in operating expense savings.
- Led a menu rationalization and store compliance team for a Quick Service Restaurant chain that operates over 1,000 restaurants in 40 countries, which emerged from bankruptcy.
- For a $1 billion mattress company, he led the integration of their Canadian licensee. Also evaluated and successfully made the business case for acquiring a memory foam Technology Company to fill a critical gap in their product offerings.
- Assisted a leading Private Equity firm to merge 35+ former independent owner/operator businesses that had been acquired but never integrated.
- Redesigned the New Product Development function of a $200 million household furnishings manufacturer that was importing all its products from China.
- Built the financial plan to support the $3 billion purchase and outsourcing of customer services of a UK based legacy Telecom Company to the Caribbean.
- For a major paper pulp and newsprint manufacturer he conducted detailed pricing and demand analysis to assess the impact of facilities consolidation and to develop strategies to increase shareholder value.
Before joining Accordion, Mathew was the CFO for Corsicana Mattress Company, where he was involved in acquiring a competitor, restructuring the balance sheet, and effecting a change of control. At Keyrock Partners, he focused on early-stage growth companies to unlock value with IoT, Cloud, and Blockchain technologies. Mathew was also a Senior Advisor to Quest Turnaround advisors and a Partner at Redding Consultants. Prior to joining Redding, Mathew was a Principal of NGV Partners Fund LLC, a seed stage technology fund and portfolio manager of Sachem Ventures. Mathew began his career at Arthur Andersen and was a manager at Accenture.
Mathew is on the advisory Board of the Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC). He graduated from Sydenham College in Mumbai, India. He is a Chartered Accountant and holds an M.B.A. in Finance with a Strategy concentration from Yale University.
“We tend to overestimate the effect of technology in the short run and underestimate the effect in the long run.” – Roy Amara