Andrew is a Senior Managing Director and Head of Accordion’s Turnaround & Restructuring Practice. He has 30 years of financial and operational transformation and restructuring experience in both the United States and Australia, advising clients in numerous formal and out-of-court restructurings.
Andrew specializes in advising companies, creditors, and equity sponsors in distressed and non-distressed situations, with a particular focus on financial and operational reviews, liquidity management, performance improvement, business and asset divestment, business plan preparation and review, recapitalization strategies, and negotiation of reorganization plans. His experience covers a broad range of sectors with extensive experience in Consumer Products & Retail, Real Estate & Construction, Media & Telecom, and Transportation & Distribution.
In addition to his advisory experience, Andrew has regularly served in an interim management capacity including Chief Executive Officer, President, Chief Restructuring Officer and Chief Transformation Officer.
Prior to joining Accordion, Andrew was a Partner and US Head of Restructuring at McKinsey & Company. His turnaround and restructuring experience includes:
- Serving as the Chief Transformation Officer of a large US retailer and consumer services business following its purchase out of bankruptcy
- Advising a global marine fuel distributor during its successful restructuring and sale
- Serving as the Chief Restructuring Officer of a large digital and print marketing solutions provider during its successful restructuring
- Serving as Chief Executive Officer of women’s footwear and apparel brands following the parent company being taken private
- Serving as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Restructuring Officer of a diversified real estate developer during its successful recapitalization and restructuring
- Serving as Chief Restructuring Officer during the restructuring of the largest privately-held homebuilder in the United States during its restructuring and ultimate wind down
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne (Australia) and is a Member of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand.
“There are no shortcuts on the quest for perfection.” – Ben Hogan