Allen is a Managing Director with nearly four decades of experience helping create value in companies across a broad range of industries. For the last two decades, he has focused on turnarounds of middle market companies who are significantly underperforming or highly distressed. He has served as an advisor and interim CEO to partner with management teams and sponsors. As a private equity operating partner and investor – and as an advisor to equity sponsors – Allen has an intense focus on EBITDA improvements and TEV growth.
Having worked with talented executives, sponsors, and consultants, Allen has the knowledge on how to identify value and refocus an organization. What’s more, he creates forward momentum with the team in place, in a resource-constrained environment.
Allen has experience tackling situations that require a combination of crisis management, organizational leadership, lender & creditor support and alignment, rapid cost reductions, operational improvements, go to market and pricing to maintain the top line and margins, organizational changes, business model modifications, and strategic resets.
Specific industry segments in which Allen has worked include:
– Health Care: Long-term care, hospitalist management, physical therapy, health care system
– CPG Manufacturing: Car care chemicals, personal care & household products, furniture, pharmaceuticals, pesticides
– Business Services: last mile distribution, reverse logistics, commercial laundry, financial trading clearing and back office services, commercial banking
– Industrials: Steel and tubular goods manufacturing, nuclear fuel, commercial construction products & services, specialty chemicals
– Retail: Enthusiast specialty, big box discount
– Energy: Upstream oil and gas, electrical utility, natural gas LDC
– Technology: High performance computing video & audio processing, big data analytics, wireless network
– Private Equity: Sourcing and diligence of investments and stewarding those investments
Allen graduated with a B.B.A. in Finance from The University of Texas.