Integrating a Management Office and Supporting FP&A
A leading provider of specialty chemicals to diverse industries – such as building and construction, packaging, and consumer goods – was looking to scale through acquisition. For two carve-out targets, Accordion was engaged to lead the integration management office (IMO), and assist in developing the functional workplans for supply chain, HR, IT, and commercial areas. Accordion was also responsible for leading the finance & accounting integration, preparing for Day 1 (close).
Merger Integration Planning & Execution
Finance Function Assessment & Design
Project Management Oversight
Integration Management Office (IMO) Leadership:
- Led the simultaneous integration of two acquired businesses being carved out of a $60 billion UK-based company under different deal structures for a management team that had limited integration experience and minimal resource support.
- Managed integration risks associated with diligence findings and provided comprehensive insights into potential business continuity issues through extensive TSA guidance, while bridging the knowledge gap between the Company’s limited pre-close access to the seller and target management teams.
- Supported integration planning and execution across supply chain, commercial, HR, and finance & accounting organizations.
- Actively drafted communications and oversaw the implementation of a communications plan that addressed internal and external stakeholders.
Finance & Accounting (F&A) Leadership:
- Led the integration of the finance & accounting function and teams, preparing for business continuity and support starting Day 1 (close).
- Reconciled synergy pre-close estimates to current estimates.
- Supported data flow and information capture for covenant compliance reporting.
Working shoulder-to-shoulder with functional leads, Accordion enabled the Company to achieve Day 1 cutover without any major business interruptions. We also strengthened Management’s understanding and appreciation of integration complexities, created dashboards, and implemented a reporting cadence to drive both the subject matter experts and executive steering committee weekly meetings.