Manager, IT M&A
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from nine offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Transaction Execution Services
Our Transaction Execution Services group brings a methodical and action-oriented approach to identify and create value for our clients. We provide private equity buyers and sellers with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for diligence, merger planning and post-merger integration, carve-outs (stand-alone and integrated), sale preparation and IPO preparation (both traditional and SPAC).
The team combines IMO / SMO and project management expertise with deep Finance & Accounting and Private Equity knowledge across the full spectrum of the deal life-cycle from pre-deal diligence, operational interdependencies and synergy reviews to 'Day 1' readiness planning and post close implementation all the way through sell side readiness (sale preparation) and IPO / SPAC readiness.
Technology Savvy Financial Athletes
Our IT consultants lead and participate in IT advisory projects; guiding clients in making sound IT investments and aligning business needs with IT services.
What You’ll Do:
This position requires an ability to engage directly with client functional business leadership, lead and execute complex IT projects, communicate across multiple stakeholder groups, and lead change within a client organization. Every member is responsible for delivering insight, recommendations, and team leadership as part of their role:
- IT Due Diligence: Assessing the current state of IT and providing key recommendations for post-investment execution. Key areas of assessment include:
- IT spend
- IT organizational structure
- Business applications (e.g., ERP, HRIS, CRM, WMS, BI etc.)
- IT infrastructure
- Software development practices (e.g., SDLC, technologies/tools, etc.)
- Capacity to meet future business needs
- IT Mergers, Acquisitions & Carve outs: Set strategy and oversee the integration and carve out of all IT related aspects of M&A. This high intensity process includes combining infrastructure, applications, people, and process.
- IT System Selection: Guide clients through the process of making their most critical and long-lasting IT decisions by uncovering key business requirements, researching potential providers, assessing alternative IT vendors and build consensus around the selection choice.
- IT Program and Project Management: Our clients often need support executing their most critical projects. Our team members serve to fill key management roles as part of these projects. We deliver through a structured project management framework to oversee the successful completion, working with client resources, vendors and consultants.
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is strongly preferred
- 6-10+ years of experience in IT or technology consulting focused on cloud & infrastructure, networking, or cybersecurity
- Understanding of various technical areas and controls to be assessed during M&A activity – on-premise implementations, hybrid cloud environments, enterprise cybersecurity posture, and data center solutions
- Hands-on experience working with compliance frameworks preferred – HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, NIST, ISO, etc.
- Ability to lead from pre-acquisition to post-close 100-day planning
- Hands-on experience with IT due diligence, IT integration and IT function stand-up in carve out scenarios
- Competency in at least two or more of the following technical disciplines: enterprise systems implementation, IT architecture and infrastructure management, systems integration, business process mapping, data migration, software development
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing)
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!