In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from nine offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our lean and growing internal Finance team. Sitting at the intersection of the business, you will leverage your expertise and love of execution to ensure the finance function is humming. This role requires a high level of gravitas and grace under pressure, as you will be both evolving processes and executing perfectly to ensure perfect financial data. This individual will report directly to the Senior Director, Accounting & Operations and will assist with all accounting and reporting initiatives for the organization.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the monthly closing process including all required journal entries and analytical review of financial statements; you’ll view the data critically and explain variances to the budget, etc. within the time frames supplied.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate financial management reports.
- Continuously refine and improve Accordion’s order to cash, procure to pay, and record to report policies.
- Detect and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities on a timely basis.
- Support the development of Accordion’s annual budget as well as mid-year reforecast.
- Assist with the preparation of financial information for the company’s tax returns.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
- Maintain the treasury and bank balances for the company.
- Manage and process semi-payroll and employee expense reimbursements.
- Audit and ensure state employer tax setups are accurate.
- Prepare and send yearly 1099-MISC forms.
- Oversee accounts payable and revenue processes.
- Assist with collection efforts by producing client follow-up and accounts receivables activity reports.
- Assist the Senior Director new processes and reports to enable the identification of current bottlenecks and/or areas of improvement, as well as recommend and develop solutions for process improvement
Ideally, You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or economics
- 4 years+ of experience performing accounting responsibilities at private organizations
- Experience with processing payroll in multiple states
- Prior experience with accounting systems (NetSuite is highly desirable)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Proven experience working in the finance function of a rapidly growing firm where you dealt with situational change and ongoing process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Ideally, You Are:
- Experienced in finance or professional services industry
- Passionate about accuracy and have strong attention to detail
- Independent and individually motivated with high integrity, but can also work effectively in a team
- A creative problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Process oriented, but you also challenge convention
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!