People Business Partner
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from nine offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Role Overview: People Business Partner
We are seeking an HR Business Partner to join our People Team. The ideal candidate is a hungry, creative, detail-oriented, people person who is eager to make their mark on all things people and operations related. This is a true HRBP role with the option for you to double down on certain HR disciplines depending on your strengths and passions.
This position will partner with multiple levels of leadership to develop, influence, and execute HR strategies and programs. This individual must understand our business model and functional priorities and act as a liaison between teams while assessing people's needs in areas such as leadership and career development, performance management, and employee relations.
We are looking for someone who can diagnose problems with an analytical mindset and collaborate with colleagues to provide practical solutions. The position will work cross-functionally to deliver value-add strategic people business partnering that reflects Accordion’s core values and to help further our strong culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Take a data-driven approach to deliver our ambitious people agenda, on topics including: learning and development, organizational design, talent and succession planning, compensation, DE&I, employee relationships, etc. all in an effort to support our growth strategy
- Build and foster trusting partnerships with dedicated internal clients, acting as a single point of contact, coach, partner, and confidant to senior leaders, people managers, employees across the entire employee lifecycle
- Assume lead People Business Partner responsibilities for several of our Practices and serve as a strategic business advisor to deliver key people priorities in support of the business strategy
- Manage onboarding and offboarding processes for new hires and exiting employees
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of People team policies, procedures, and programs to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Analyze trends and metrics within the people team to help inform our people strategy
- Help to facilitate our mid-year and end of year review process, including post project feedback surveys
- Assist in the rollout and adoption of a new HRIS system and payroll system
- Ability to be agile and ‘think on your feet’ – Assist on projects when need and forget the concept of silos. We’re looking for someone who is results oriented and can seamlessly contribute when called upon.
- Consummate team player – we’re a small but scrappy people team and are looking for someone who is willing to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and take on whatever people challenge is throw their way.
Ideally, You Have:
- 5+ years of progressive HR Business Partner experience
- Ideally have experience in Consulting, Finance or Private Equity
- You are hungry, bright, and positive; you demonstrate great judgment and are proactive
- Proven ability to partner and influence senior leaders to help drive their people strategy and deliver upon business objectives
- You act as an ambassador of our core values
- Experience working in a high growth environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Broad experience and specific knowledge of organizational design, talent management, employee relations, compensation, employee engagement, learning, and performance management
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Experienced in finance or professional services industry
- Passionate about accuracy and have strong attention to detail
- Independent and individually motivated with high integrity, but can also work effectively in a team
- A creative problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Process oriented, but you also challenge convention
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!