In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from nine offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Role Overview: Office Manager
Accordion has an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager to join its Chicago office. The role will be a hybrid of office management, events, and administrative support. We’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves to get the office humming seamlessly but also have the willingness and can-do attitude to help make our offices incredible places to work.
What You'll Do:
- Reception and Office Management:
- Greet, welcome, and assist visitors with a professional demeanor and continue this professionalism throughout communications between Accordion employees, building staff, and external vendors (of all levels)
- Be physically present in the office 5-days a week
- Assist with the logistics of our 2022 office move in Chicago as needed
- Help to build our office culture and create programs that increase our (already stellar) employee engagement
- Act as a liaison with building management and all 3rd party vendors
- Manage all COVID-19 compliance standards for the office
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Oversee the upkeep of Chicago office space and ensure appropriate office inventory levels of Chicago and other offices as needed
- Work closely with various teams (IT, People, Marketing, etc.) to assist with administrative tasks, visitor logistics, onboarding experience, and special ordering requests
- Assist with any ad hoc projects as needed
- Additional Administrative Support:
- Support office projects and administrative needs as directed (HRIS, filing needs, and other ad hoc tasks)
- Assist with Events including planning, managing, and coordination
- Provide administrative support in scheduling, travel, other tasks in support of various Accordion teams
Ideally, You Have:
- High school diploma and/or bachelor’s degree
- Office management, administrative, or assistance experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Positive and upbeat personality
- Ability to come into the office 5x a week
Ideally, You Are:
- A detail-oriented individual with experience in a similar role or passion to become a great Office Manager with us
- Personable, approachable, exceptionally organized, resilient, and excellent with time management.
- A team player, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and pitch in wherever needed
- The go-to person when someone has a question because you usually know the answer–and if you don’t, you won’t stop until you find someone who does
- A superb problem-solver who goes above and beyond to provide excellent service to employees while adhering to internal policies and procedures
- Patient and open-minded, you take initiative, and you can juggle multiple tasks like a pro
- Most importantly, a ton of fun and don’t take yourself too seriously
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!