In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Financial Accounting Advisory Services
With the increase in complexity of the business environment and transactions, CFO’s of private equity backed companies are increasingly being looked towards to drive strategic insights for their business. Finance organizations are no longer simply result reporters, but rather, they couple these results with forward looking data to provide strategic insights which are leveraged to make business decisions. Efficiency of process and meaningful control environments allows for speed of financial reporting with increasingly accurate measures, leaving more time for the finance team to add future enterprise value, rather than look backwards.
Accordion’s FAAS Practice is comprised of a dedicated team providing accounting and financial advice to support PE backed portfolio companies on a wide range of transactions and events, including Accounting Policies & Procedures, ERP/Financial System Execution, Financial Statement Close Process, Process & Controls Implementation, Technical Accounting, Finance/Accounting Assessment & Design and Finance & Accounting Organization Standup resulting from a Carve out or Merger transaction. We are doers and problem solvers – making sense of complexity and bolstering sponsors’ value creation thesis’s.
We are Headquartered in New York, however this role can be based in any of our current locations.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with a diverse set of colleagues to serve clients in the areas of financial accounting matters and business processes:
- Prepare financial statements, typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, proposed sale transactions, restatements, etc.
- Assist in the in the design and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures
- Assess and improve financial accounting close process; including accelerating and streamlining monthly and quarterly reporting processes
- Establish and document best-in-class financial and operational internal controls and/or assisting in controls remediation
- Assist with audit preparation
- Oversee and manage financial reporting and operational system implementations
- Assess and design finance and accounting organizational structure
- Bring a knowledge of reporting and/or operational accounting issues to engagements
- Act as the firm representative during client engagements
- Assist in growing the firm by supporting business development activities
- Identify and sponsor internal initiatives
Ideally, You Have:
- Over 7 years of experience working in financial accounting or operations at a top-tier public accounting or financial advisory firm, and/or private company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. CPA is a plus
- A strong and up-to date knowledge of US GAAP (exposure to IFRS is a plus), with deep technical understanding of topics such as ASC 606 revenue recognition, lease transactions, purchase accounting, etc.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong client service mindset
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Experienced in advising clients on financial accounting issues
- Knowledgeable of complex financial accounting and operations issues
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Experienced in advising clients on financial and transformation initiatives
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing)
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!