There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Accordion's Talent Acquisition
Our Talent Acquisition team is a lean, cross functional team that supports the scale and growth of Accordion. We manage hiring across the consulting business as well as supporting internal operations hiring, for all our offices and support global hiring strategy. Each Recruiter maintains a portfolio of internal clients and manages the full life-cycle including recruiting strategy, processes and onboarding. We are a nimble team and pride ourselves on our hands on approach to candidate management and working collaboratively with internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, this role will support the recruiting efforts for a number of our Consulting practices with a focus on the West Coast talent market. They will be responsible for the strategy, process and tools of TA in addition to delivering against annual recruiting goals. They will help guide Accordion’s regional recruitment strategy, focusing on creating innovative sourcing and outreach strategies that lead to diverse candidate pools, providing a high standard of service to top talent throughout their interviewing experience and leveraging data analytics to continually improve the hiring process and support decision making. This person will play a crucial role in helping scale the company with the goal of maintaining an exceptionally high bar for the talent we bring in and the hiring processes we use to achieve our goals.
This position must be based in one of our office locations and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the areas, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
As part of our lean, experienced Talent Acquisition team you are a strategic, innovative and results driven professional who is a self-starter and can lead from the front by being authentic, proactive and technologically bold in all areas of recruiting to:
- Drive forward an innovative sourcing strategy to support full-time hiring efforts across the organization
- Establish a robust pipeline of full-time employees at all levels for our CFO Technology team including Consultants, Senior Consultants, Solution Lead/Architect/Manager for:
- CPM/EPM - Oracle Hyperion, OneStream, Anaplan
- ERP - NetSuite professionals both functional and technical consultants
- Data & Analytics professionals
- Develop and maintain a recruitment strategy and supporting initiatives to build a full life-cycle process—from sourcing to onboarding--with an emphasis on talent pipeline development, to ensure we meet current and future hiring demands
- Build multiple and innovative ways to identify and attract top talent, in addition to the effective use of social networking and academic research tools, as well as traditional sourcing techniques (e.g., company website, social media, job boards, networking events, university partnerships and employee referrals)
- Manage all offer details and approvals with Senior Leadership
- Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring managers and senior staff by staying abreast of talent and labor market insights, including hiring and employment trends and market competitive intelligence and research on the consulting industry
- Engage in headhunting activities to identify, source, and attract candidates for an array of hard-to-fill positions including executive roles and internal operations roles
- Integrate Accordion’s employee value proposition and brand strategy into all recruitment activity at all levels across all platforms
- Interact and build meaningful relationships with key business leaders and serve as a primary source of recruitment strategy, consultation, and education
- Partner with business leaders to evolve the existing interview and evaluation processes
- Revamp and create thoughtful job descriptions as necessary
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years’ experience of full life-cycle recruiting experience in Professional Services; agency experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience recruiting technology professionals, specifically within CPM/EPM (performance management tools), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Data & Analytics
- Demonstrated knowledge in attracting and engaging experienced hires while leveraging a variety of recruitment resources such as LinkedIn Recruiter
- Demonstrated experience in building and scaling recruiting functions in a hypergrowth environment and devising innovative strategies to source and build diverse talent pipelines
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (Greenhouse experience preferred) to support recruiting and reporting requirements
- Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and other platforms for sourcing passive talent
- Dedication to the highest level of quality in identifying top talent, providing exceptional client service and in building and maintaining an optimal candidate experience
- An analytical mindset: you’re a critical thinker who’s logical, trustworthy and innovative
- A track record for enacting innovative sourcing strategies and solutions for a competitive recruiting market landscape
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities
- Ability to represent Accordion well and be an authentic Brand Ambassador
- Ability to work collaboratively and teach others in a team-oriented environment
- Advanced understanding of relevant firm businesses, recruiting policies, procedures and systems
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion, drive and motivation to exceed hiring goals: you are results oriented
- Strong attention to detail with an interest in leveraging data and analytics to drive decisions
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Relationship focused – you are a business partner to hiring managers, bridging the gap between supply and demand and can provide meaningful insights to the talent landscape that will help inform hiring decisions
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the bigger picture
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- A strong team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
Salary: $110, 000 to $130, 000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!