In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Role Overview: Talent Associate
Accordion is building a new Resource Management team across the US. This is a people-centric role that will help drive meaningful and transformational change in the way our consulting teams develop, support, and deploy our most prized assets, our People. By sitting at the intersection of Resource Management, Finance and the People Team, the Talent Associate is empowered to support professional development of individual careers, help Practice Leaders enhance team performance and critically provide proactive guidance around diversity of project staffing. As a team, Resource Management will maximize resource sharing and enable A+ execution to our clients through line of service and cross functional staffing, forecasting, utilization, and workload balance.
This position must be based in our New York office and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to New York, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
Resource Management at Accordion will master the art and science of meaningful, efficient, and effective placement and redeployment of the Firm’s resources on client engagements. Resource Management will be deeply rooted in proactively engaging with consulting staff, gaining meaningful understanding of their capabilities, experience and aspirations and identifying the appropriate opportunities for them.
- Build strong relationships with consultants to understand development needs, preferences, and constraints for staffing; discuss upcoming projects; advise on staffing recommendations to achieve balance between business needs and personal preferences if possible; communicate staffing decisions; set and enforce staffing policies and expectations.
- Proactively liaise with Practice Leaders, Managing Directors, Business Development leaders and Project Leaders to understand client requirements and the wider needs of the business, to facilitate effective resourcing decisions.
- Proactively liaise and support our consulting staff to facilitate the balancing of workloads and align to career aspirations and interests
- Optimize utilization across the 8 Practice lines by making staffing decisions in support of the deployment strategy for the business or practice area
- Propose consulting staff with current or near-term availability to project assignments that align with their skills, career development goals and/or staffing preferences
- Actively engage with prospective candidates and new hires early in their Accordion experience; participate in project confirmation processes; adapt employee early experiences to meet likely development needs in first cases
- Partner closely with Deployment Director, Consulting Ops & People Team to drive and support Employee Value Proposition (EVP) efforts across consulting offerings
- Provide analytic support and ownership over projects including but not limited to skillset matrix and project pipeline tracking
- Monitor utilization and deployment compliance data
- Maintain up to date accurate information on our systems as it relates to our consultants’ assignments, vacation, recruiting and LOA
Ideally, You Have:
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant professional experience working in a resource management role
- Experience delivering strong value in a role with an unstructured working environment
- Strong core professional competencies, including ability to handle multiple tasks, exhibit flexibility, meet deadlines through appropriate prioritization and decision-making skills, high level of attention to detail, timely responsiveness, and excellent follow through
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Anaplan work experience is highly desirable
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service and relationship building
- People-centric: You enjoy engaging and working closely with teams and people; building strong working relationships to support your success. In this role you will need to develop a detailed understanding of our consulting services, engaging with all levels of stakeholders will come naturally to you, you understand success is based upon having strong and collaborative relationships.
- Highly organized and commercial: You understand the commercial impact staffing can have on matter and team profitability; you can balance individual needs with the needs of the business. You are comfortable with commercial metrics and able to talk commercially to management with credibility.
- Change oriented: You are comfortable taking ownership for change in your business area and have experience in influencing and supporting your stakeholders throughout a change journey which is centered on behavioral and cultural change.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic: You are proactive and comfortable in taking initiative, seeking assistance if there’s something you’re not familiar with and solutions focused.
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fast-pace, hyper growth setting with white spaces
Salary Range: $90, 000 to $130,000 + bonus + benefits
Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!