There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Turnaround & Restructuring
Our nationally recognized turnaround, restructuring and advisory team serves companies and their stakeholders across a wide spectrum of industries and sizes, with a focus on the middle market. We provide clients with a team of seasoned professionals who have notable track records of creating value through both operational turnarounds and financial restructurings.
We are actively recruiting Turnaround & Restructuring professionals to join our team. You will provide extensive financial and operational support on client engagements across a variety of industries and markets; utilize experience and on the job training to successfully deliver reports, models, work product and advice that helps guide the direction and decisions related to client turnaround and/or restructuring objectives.
This position must be based in one of our office locations and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the areas, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead projects to success with the execution of innovative solutions, while bringing deep expertise and technical knowledge to each project
- Lead and perform analysis of current and historical business performance and capital structure
- Review and provide feedback on business plan and projections
- Develop 13-week cash flow forecasts that outline the liquidity profile and cash needs
- Identify alternatives to enhance liquidity and working capital efficiency
- Create dynamic financial models that demonstrate the client’s historical and potential future performance
- Assess and support the creation and preparation of corporate turnaround plans, including EBITDA enhancement, revenue generation, cost rationalization/expense reduction, asset utilization, etc.
- Provide implementation support to approved business plans and strategies
- Develop and guide execution of restructuring plans, including capital structuring/financing, stakeholder negotiation, etc.
- Develop and furnish appraisal of business options, in-court and out-of-court restructuring alternatives and contingency plans as needed
- Assist in bankruptcy preparation and administration (first day and other motions, schedules and statements, operating reports, plan of reorganization, disclosure statement, claims, etc.)
- Provide the day-to-day team management to ensure alignment between workplan execution and client expectations/deadlines
- Engage with client personnel and management as necessary to achieve objectives
- Effectively gather, analyze, and organize large data sets which may be incomplete
- Lead and support the development of quality client deliverables
- Develop project plans and help establish priorities across multiple work streams
- Review and guide analyses and work product of team members
- Provide interim management support on operating functions and job duties as directed
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting is preferred
- Graduate business degree with concentration in finance, accounting and/or operations preferred
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional work experience with 8+ years of restructuring experience
- Hands-on experience building / developing / maintaining fully dynamic, integrated 3-statement financial models, and 13-week cash flow models
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build and sustain strong and trusted relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise and aptitude with conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, particularly with constructing integrated financial models, analyzing financial underperformance and related services
- Experience working on projects delivering independent business reviews, short term cash flow assessments, capital structure analysis and contingency planning
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment
- Deep understanding of how to interpret and analyze financial statements
- Strong analytical and business writing skills
- Ability to develop the framework and take the lead on preparing reports
- Ability to work well under pressure and lead teams and projects
Ideally, You Are:
- A highly qualified Turnaround and Restructuring practitioner with experience in leading teams/projects
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Able to build credibility and trust with the client
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing)
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- Comfortable delivering and presenting client deliverables
- A good delegator and leader of others; you lead by example and teach those who report to you
- A strong team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- Willing to work hard to meet deadlines and client demands
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Salary: $250,000 - $270,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!