Senior Director of Enterprise Systems Architecture
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Accordion’s CFO Technology Practice effectively and efficiently delivers the digital services and solutions to support organizational strategic initiatives.
Our CFO Technology experts work cross-functionally — alongside practitioners from all corners of Accordion — to arm CFOs with the appropriate digital solutions needed to implement the team’s business process recommendations and to capitalize on value creation opportunities. From ERP, CPM, Analytics, Data Integration, RPA, and beyond, CFO Tech provides finance leaders with a single, objective partner capable of delivering from strategy to execution.
What You’ll Do:
The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for providing insights and advice to our clients based on the individual project needs, directly influencing all decisions made in relation to the application landscape and technology stack.
The Enterprise Architect will be responsible for the development of application and technology roadmaps that deliver on the Clients strategy and realize the agreed goals and targets within the core value chain vertical of Client Management.
- CPM, CRM, data, ERP, workflow, and other tools typically are part of the landscape, and The Enterprise Architect will help the Client navigate the future, to-be state for each tool
- The Enterprise Architect will be required to act as the on point' Lead Architect on larger, complex Client Management transformational projects and programs, leading one or more Solution Architects and other delivery team members, and will be responsible for resolving problems, making decisions, and ensuring the alignment to Accordion strategies, standards, and principles
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for the project, building close working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Act as a Lead Architect' for complex Client Management transformational projects, supporting both Solution Architects and development communities by being on-point' for decision making, problem solving, and ensuring cross-project strategies are aligned to
- Directly support the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture strategy, proactively managing platform/technology obsolescence and delivery of technology to enable the realization of the Client Management target application landscape while maximizing benefit to the Client.
- Collaboration with data, process, and solution architects to achieve a full understanding of the EA landscape that is reflected in all EA deliverables
- Shared responsibility for the Enterprise Architecture repositories and associated architecture artefacts that underpin the enterprise
- Provide guidance on the following domains to both Solution Architects and the wider IT communities when creating solutions:
- Enterprise applications, both packaged and bespoke
- Agile and DevOps delivery methodologies
- Drive collaboration across IT teams to ensure the integrity and security of architecture, flexibility of design, and quality of solutions
- Review and Approve Architecture Definition Documents (or equivalent agile artefacts) produced by peers and provide constructive feedback
- Work closely with vendors of Accordion on the evaluation of their products and skills, and on the quality of their product and deliverables
- Build and manage teams to execute on transformation projects
Ideally, You Have:
- Minimum 10+ years in Solution Architecting, preferably in software development
- B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or related field.
- Full understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with multiple delivery models including Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid approaches
- Expert negotiations skills, 5+ years’ experience working with senior technical staff
- Strong track record of Product Delivery
- Expert ability with MS Project & MS Office suite
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skills
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!