Senior Director of End User Computing & IT Services - Global Operations
There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
End User Computing & IT Services
The End User Computing Team plays a vital role in ensuring that our employees have the necessary technology resources to perform their roles efficiently while maintaining a secure and user-friendly computing environment. Through their efforts, they contribute to a productive and collaborative workplace where technology empowers our workforce.
The Senior Director (SD) of End User Computing and IT Services is at the helm of a dynamic department responsible for orchestrating end-user computing environments and delivering exceptional IT services. The department's purview encompasses diverse functions aimed at ensuring an optimal user experience across a global landscape, including the configuration of specific end-user software packages.
This position must be based in one of our office locations and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the areas, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
The SD of End User Computing and IT Services holds the reins to these multifaceted responsibilities, guiding the department in proffering dependable end-user devices, software licenses, access protocols, tailored software configurations, onboarding facilitation, and responsive technical support. Their overarching aim is to fine-tune end-user computing environments, heighten user productivity, uphold license adherence, ensure optimal software performance, and furnish streamlined technical assistance tailored to the requisites of a globally dispersed workforce.
- Device Inventory Management:
- Uphold meticulous records of end-user devices encompassing desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and peripherals.
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of devices, including allocation, configuration, and disposal, ensuring resource optimization.
- Software License Governance:
- Spearhead software license management, from procurement to meticulous tracking and stringent adherence to compliance mandates.
- Foster a culture of adherence to licensing agreements, harmonizing license utilization, and avert non-compliance risks.
- License Utilization Optimization:
- Conduct proactive monitoring and analysis of software license utilization to optimize costs and spotlight opportunities for consolidation or redistribution.
- User Access Control:
- Architect and supervise user access and permissions protocols, ensuring secure yet convenient access to systems, applications, and data.
- Craft access control policies, orchestrate user provisioning and deprovisioning workflows, and fortify user authentication strategies.
- End-User Software Configuration:
- Assume ownership of configuring end-user software packages, including specialized tools like Zoom, to ensure seamless functionality and optimal user experience.
- Collaborate closely with software vendors, IT teams, and end-users to implement configurations that align with business needs.
- Onboarding Excellence:
- Collaborate seamlessly with HR and IT teams to facilitate seamless onboarding of new personnel. This involves device provisioning, user accounts setup, and smooth access to requisite systems and applications.
- Service Excellence and Help Desk Leadership:
- Forge a highly responsive and efficient help and service desk support mechanism, dedicated to addressing end-user technical queries and requests.
- Establish robust service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs), fostering perpetual improvements in the help desk's efficacy.
- Patch Management Prowess:
- Devise and execute impeccable patch management workflows that ensure timely installation of software updates, security patches, and bug fixes across the end-user devices spectrum.
- Exercise vigilant oversight over patch deployment to neutralize vulnerabilities, thereby elevating system stability and security.
Ideally, You Have:
- Degree in business-technology management, technology, or engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience culminating in executive leadership in financial services technology or program management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading enterprise or IT project management. PMP and/or Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership in large-scale, cross-functional transformation, change management, and digital transformation.
- Demonstrated experience driving efficiencies through digitalization of process workflows.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and business analysis tools.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a dynamic environment.
Ideally, You Are:
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
- Proactive and results-driven mindset.
- Knowledgeable of industry best practices in project management and business analysis.
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service.
- Strong with organizational and time management skills.
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture.
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
Salary: $140,000 to $175,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!