Senior Consultant (Data Engineering)
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Accordion’s CFO Technology Practice effectively and efficiently delivers the digital services and solutions to support organizational strategic initiatives.
Our CFO Technology experts work cross-functionally — alongside practitioners from all corners of Accordion — to arm CFOs with the appropriate digital solutions needed to implement the team’s business process recommendations and to capitalize on value creation opportunities. From ERP, CPM, Analytics, Data Integration, RPA, and beyond, CFO Tech provides finance leaders with a single, objective partner capable of delivering from strategy to execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for building data lakes & data warehouses to support operational intelligence and business intelligence using MS Azure, Power BI and similar technologies
- Design and development of extract and ELT logic to load and transform data in the analytic platform or tool and structure it efficiently
- Building of reports and dashboards to meet project requirements using Power BI and other tools
- Development of scheduling and automation processes using tools and scripting languages
- Implementation of security infrastructure to support business requirements for restricting access to data
- Deployment of completed solutions using DevOps and other methods
- Participate in or lead requirements’ gathering and design workshops
- Documentation of requirements, design and as built functionality
- Creation of training and testing materials as well as supporting those phases of the project
- Perform knowledge transfer activities to ensure successful transition to client resources
- Collaborate with peers
- Support knowledge sharing and standardization across projects
Ideally, You Have:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience developing with Power BI, Dax, Data Flows and other Power Platform tools
- Minimum 2+ years Azure Data Lakes, Azure SQL, Azure Analytic Services, Data Bricks, DevOps, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Business, or related field
- Proficiency in related Microsoft database technologies including SSIS, SSAS Tabular and multidimensional models
- Experience with Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and other advance data engineering technologies
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Understanding and experience with relational and multidimensional modeling
- Experience developing using Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and other MS Desktop tools
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Strong emphasis on teamwork & collaboration
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!