Sales Operations Leader
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Role Overview: Sales Operations Leader
Be the driving force behind Accordion’s Growth! Support our ambitious growth aspirations through building a leading business development (BD) and sales execution function. We will look to you to lead the development of robust process and policy standards, technology and tool development that will enhance our capabilities. You will partner with our Leadership team to successfully deploy these capabilities across our Regions.
The ideal candidate is an experienced sales professional, strategically minded and operationally savvy. Someone who is passionate about sales and business development, creative, detail-oriented, an effective communicator and collaborator who is eager to make their mark by building and sustaining a best-in-class BD and sales capability.
This position will partner with multiple levels of leadership to design, build and implement foundational sales and business development capabilities, strategies, training and go-to-market programs. To be effective in this role, this individual must understand best practices sales models in a professional services setting, play a prominent and influential role in leading change and equipping our teams with relevant tools and techniques.
What You'll Do:
Build and deploy leading sales & BD capabilities
- Define best-in-class sales processes and tool standards and customize to support the current and future needs of Accordion.
- Identify and deploy effective sales tool and templates (e.g., templates for conversations, pre-qualification criteria, use of LinkedIn for mining warm leads, etc.) to improve BD and sales effectiveness throughout sales lifecycle.
- Understand current and planned BD initiatives and define creative strategies to enhance and support our teams.
- Work closely with Regional leadership teams to deploy standard tools and methods across our business development team members.
- Manage measurement and reporting of BD KPI dashboards and reporting aligned to overall firm and role-specific BD objectives.
- Coordinate design and implementation of Sales & BD training
- Monitor and track compliance with the account management standards established.
- Provide an on-going assessment of our sales and business development capabilities and performance in comparison to competitors and best in class.
- Lead CRM and other sales technology tool configuration, reporting and consultant adoption as defined.
Derive market and customer insights to drive sales growth in the markets we serve
- Perform on-going review of our Sales Pipeline, understand trends and themes including Win / Loss analysis.
- Stay current on market news, events and changes, assess impacts to our business and share relevant information amongst our Account teams.
- Actively collaborate with Regional Leadership and Marketing to design and implement Go-To-Market campaigns.
- Integrate customer feedback into our sales and BD approach.
- Evaluate current pricing strategies against market levels across our Practice areas.
Support planning and sales management processes
- Provide oversight and leadership of the BD Governance model. This includes meeting cadence and agenda for regional BD, cross-region BD, and strategic account management meetings & updates.
- Participate in on-going Account Planning and team sessions, support facilitation and follow-through of activities as appropriate.
- Provide oversight and coordination of business development enablement activities (including standard Accordion and practice-specific pitch decks, practice specific “sales” training, etc.)
- Assist leadership teams with annual planning and re-forecast processes as required.
- Provide input/support facilitation to ensure governance over revenue credit/shares tracking.
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive Sales Operations experience in a management consulting firm.
- Experience working in the finance or professional services industry.
- Expertise in identifying the implementation of effective sales tools and strategies to enhance BD and sales effectiveness.
- Experience in building and managing business development and sales functions within an organization.
- Strong orientation to structure and process discipline.
- Deep analytical and market research skills and can translate detailed and dense information into thoughtful strategic insights.
- Deep knowledge of leading CRM tools and solutions and have technology implementation experience.
- Proven ability to partner and influence senior leaders to help drive sales operations strategies and deliver upon business objectives.
- Experience working in a high growth environment.
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth.
- Hungry, bright, and positive; you demonstrate great judgment and are proactive.
- Someone who can diagnose problems with an analytical mindset and collaborate with colleagues to provide practical solutions.
- Passionate about accuracy and have strong attention to detail.
- Independent and individually motivated with high integrity, but can also work effectively in a team.
- Creative problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Process oriented, but you also challenge convention.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!