In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
This position must be based in our New York office and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to New York, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
As part of a lean, cross-functional team, the Recruitment Coordinator will provide support in all aspects of Talent Acquisition, including managing job boards, facilitating interviews and qualifying talent. This individual will also provide general support to the wider team as it relates to new hire onboarding. This individual will be responsible for answering general inquiries from employees and new hires, along with handling confidential information, requiring a strong degree of judgement.
- Talent Acquisition:
- Support the Recruitment team by coordinating interviews – phone, virtual and in-person – and managing interview logistics including Zoom invites and correspondence with candidates and Hiring Managers, and multiple calendars.
- Facilitate onsite interviews and help to ensure a candidate friendly experience
- Assist in reviewing applications to identify qualified candidates for open roles
- Plan and book all candidate travel as required, including candidate reimbursements
- Schedule online interview assessments for candidates
- Track candidate activity and manage workflows within Greenhouse, our Application Tracking System, to ensure efficient communication and a great interview experience for the candidate
- Promptly collect interview feedback from interviewers
- Properly collect and track accurate data within all recruitment systems
- Assist in creating and updating thoughtful job descriptions
- Complete Reference checks for candidates converted to new hires as required
- Assist in creating Offer Letters
- People Ops:
- Assist in the collection and monitoring of relevant HR documentation
- Assist with employment verifications and unemployment claim paperwork as needed
- Manage and track all incoming new hire paperwork
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2+ years of recruiting experience or talent acquisition support; Agency experience is preferred
- Experience with calendar management, Microsoft Office Suite and ATS (Workday, Greenhouse, iCIMS, Taleo etc.)
- Exceptional organizational skills, including ability to proactively follow-up on ongoing projects. This role requires you to juggle many different tasks, ensuring they all get done in an accurate and timely manner. You mustn’t be afraid to track down people to help solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally externally to candidates and internally with senior hiring managers
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment with continuously changing priorities, you thrive under pressure
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a high performance, collaborative environment
Ideally, You Are:
- Detail oriented and meticulous: You’ll regularly be communicating with a high volume of candidates and hiring managers so strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Passionate about startups, entrepreneurship and growing a business. You like to create things from scratch, can operate effectively without micromanagement and thrive in a fast growing company
Salary Range: $65,000 to $85,000 + bonus + benefits
Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!