Project Manager/Business Analyst – Enterprise Apps & PMO
There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Role Description: Project Manager/Business Analyst
The Enterprise Applications & Project Management Office (PMO) team plays a crucial role in driving technology-enabled business transformation and managing the successful execution of IT projects. As a Project Manager / Business Analyst (PM / BA) within this team, you will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between project management and business analysis. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects in alignment with organizational goals by efficiently coordinating project activities, managing timelines, optimizing resources, and deeply understanding business requirements, processes, and user needs. This dual role requires a unique blend of project management and analytical skills to facilitate collaboration, problem-solving, and the achievement of project objectives while addressing key business challenges.
This position must be based in one of our office locations and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the areas, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Project Coordination: Lead and coordinate project activities, ensuring adherence to project plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Business Analysis: Gather, document, and analyze business requirements, processes, and user needs to drive project solutions.
- Stakeholder Communication: Act as a primary point of contact for stakeholders, facilitating communication and ensuring alignment between project teams and business objectives.
- Resource Optimization: Manage project resources effectively, including team members, budgets, and materials, to maximize project efficiency.
- Problem Solving: Identify and address project issues, risks, and challenges in a proactive and timely manner, proposing viable solutions.
- Project Documentation: Create and maintain project documentation, including project plans, business requirements, use cases, and test plans.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and fulfill business requirements.
- Change Management: Support change management efforts by assessing the impact of changes and assisting with communication and training.
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in project management and business analysis, preferably in an IT or similar environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and business analysis tools.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a dynamic environment.
Ideally, You Are:
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
- Proactive and results-driven mindset.
- Knowledgeable of industry best practices in project management and business analysis.
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Strong with organizational and time management skills.
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
Salary: $80,000 to $95,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!