Managing Director of Enterprise Apps & PMO – US Domestic & International Offices
There’s a better way to work in finance—and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity-backed portfolio companies. Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams across every stage of the investment lifecycle, our team provides hands-on, execution-oriented support to elevate the office of the CFO.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means joining 1,000+ finance & technology experts in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment while changing the way portfolio companies drive value. It also means making your mark on Accordion’s future—by embracing a culture rooted in collaboration and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together.
Accordion is headquartered in New York City with 11 offices around the globe. Join us!
Enterprise Applications & Project Management Office
The Enterprise Applications & Project Management Office (PMO) Team plays a crucial role in driving technology-enabled business transformation and managing the successful execution of IT projects. Their primary objective is to harness technology to drive business value and innovation. By aligning technology initiatives with strategic goals, optimizing software usage, and ensuring effective project management, this team contributes to the organization's growth, efficiency, and technological success.
This position must be based in one of our office locations and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the areas, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
The MD of Enterprise Applications oversees the below responsibilities and leads the department in selecting, implementing, and supporting enterprise applications that align with the organization's functional needs and business objectives. Their goal is to enhance operational efficiency, drive innovation, and improve user experiences through the effective use of enterprise applications. The department works closely with functional departments, vendors, and stakeholders to ensure successful application implementations, compliance, optimization, and user training and support.
- Application Selection:
- Evaluate and select enterprise applications that align with the organization's business needs, considering factors such as functionality, scalability, integration capabilities, and vendor reputation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business units to identify application requirements, conduct vendor assessments, and make informed decisions regarding application acquisitions.
- Application Integration:
- Design and implement integration strategies to connect various enterprise applications and systems, ensuring seamless data exchange and interoperability.
- Collaborate with technical teams to define integration requirements, select integration technologies, and establish data flow patterns.
- Functional Department Road Mapping:
- Work closely with functional leaders and departments to understand their technology needs and develop roadmaps for application implementation, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Align application strategies with business objectives, identify opportunities for process improvement, and drive digital transformation within functional departments.
- Vendor Management:
- Manage relationships with application vendors, including contract negotiations, vendor performance evaluations, and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to ensure favorable vendor terms and conditions, licensing agreements, and support services.
- License Compliance and Optimization:
- Monitor and manage software license compliance to ensure adherence to licensing agreements, minimize risks of non-compliance, and optimize license utilization.
- Develop and implement processes to track and manage licenses effectively, including license renewals, upgrades, and audits.
- Training and Support:
- Develop and deliver training programs to enable end-users to effectively and efficiently use enterprise applications.
- Provide ongoing support and assistance, including troubleshooting, resolving user issues, and ensuring timely responses to user inquiries.
Ideally, You Have:
- Degree in business-technology management, technology, or engineering. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 12 years progressive experience culminating in executive leadership in financial services technology or program management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading enterprise or IT project management. PMP and/or Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership in large-scale, cross-functional transformation, change management, and digital transformation. Demonstrated experience driving efficiencies through digitalization of process workflows
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and business analysis tools.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a dynamic environment.
Ideally, You Are:
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
- Proactive and results-driven mindset.
- Knowledgeable of industry best practices in project management and business analysis.
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Strong with organizational and time management skills.
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
Salary: $200,000 to $250,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that as per Accordion policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening and in alignment with our inclusive diversity values. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Accordion will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Apply for this Job
Something went wrong. Please check that you filled out all required fields and that your entries are valid.
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 1000+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 300 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!