Functional Consultant (NetSuite)
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Accordion’s CFO Technology Practice effectively and efficiently delivers the digital services and solutions to support organizational strategic initiatives.
Our CFO Technology experts work cross-functionally — alongside practitioners from all corners of Accordion — to arm CFOs with the appropriate digital solutions needed to implement the team’s business process recommendations and to capitalize on value creation opportunities. From ERP, CPM, Analytics, Data Integration, RPA, and beyond, CFO Tech provides finance leaders with a single, objective partner capable of delivering from strategy to execution.
We are Headquartered in New York, however, this role can be based in any of our office locations as well as remote within the U.S.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with project lead to document business requirements and translate them into specific NetSuite functionality
- Participate in client workshops to assist project lead in defining implementation strategy and learn Abaci project engagement
- Collaborate with functional and technical team members to develop effective NetSuite solutions
- Effectively configure and customize client NetSuite environments to develop proof of concepts and present sustainable solutions to client executives and key stakeholders
- Actively participate in data migration tasks
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Management Information Systems (MIS)
- 2+ years of Consulting experience
- 2+ years of NetSuite Consulting experience
- Demonstrate understanding of NetSuite data model/configuration and transaction flows in one or more of the following areas: Lead-to-Order, Order Management/Fulfillment, Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, and/or Record-to-Report
- Proficient in designing/developing NetSuite custom records, forms, segments, fields, workflow, Saved Search, Saved Reports, permissions/roles, and CSV import
- Must be certified in NetSuite SuiteFoundation
- Experience working with Adaptive, Salesforce, OpenAir a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organization, & prioritization capabilities
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!