In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 260+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from nine offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
What You'll Do:
Accordion is seeking a Director of FP&A to join our growing internal Finance team. This individual will report to the Managing Director, Finance & Analytics, and will interact with the CFO and other Executive Leadership. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with management, other areas of business operations (Business Development, HR, Marketing), as well the firm’s consulting teams. You will play a key role in developing the insights driving the continued high growth of Accordion and have a chance to leave your mark on Accordion’s continued evolution.
- Analyze current and past trends in financial and operational key performance indicators and provide actionable insights.
- Support the annual budget process through financial modeling, development of assumptions and coordination with practice leaders and other members of management.
- Develop short- and long-range forecasts including quarterly reforecasts and 3-5 year plans.
- Manage the preparation and continued improvement of financial and operating reports for management and the board of directors.
- Create and improve BI dashboards that influence leadership’s daily understanding of firm performance and operating levers available to improve performance.
- Act as a business partner to support business and product development with practice leaders, by providing data, analysis, and insights.
- Complete ad-hoc analytical requests to support both Finance and other areas of the company.
Ideally, You Have:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience with at least 4 of those years in financial planning and analysis at a high-growth company, PE- or VC-backed a plus. Investment banking, private equity, or consulting experience a plus but not required.
- Strong quantitative skills, are highly organized, and have extreme attention to detail.
- Have a moral compass; high integrity is non-negotiable.
Ideally, You Are:
- An Excel guru, with a focus on financial modeling and data analysis.
- Comfortable analyzing and modeling income, balance sheet, and cash flow statements.
- Experienced and passionate about working with large datasets, including experience with Power BI, Power Pivot, Tableau, or a similar data modeling and business intelligence tool.
- Able to demonstrate good judgement, take initiative and seek guidance when needed in order to advance your projects.
- Driven and motivated and adhere to the highest professional standards in working with clients and colleagues.
Accordion Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!