Director, People Operations & Total Rewards
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Role Overview: Director, People Operations & Total Rewards
This role will report into our Chief People Officer and be responsible for the administration and management of our core payroll/benefits administration including all compliance, HRIS, data integrity, data analytics/management reporting, market data (cash comp), and compensation philosophy to support the full employee life cycle. As we continue to grow rapidly at Accordion, this position will help support our workforce through flawless delivery of our people processes. This position plays a critical role in delivering our HR initiatives that will help to shape our People Operations processes and programs to be repeatable, agile, and scalable for growth.
The Director, People Operations & Total Rewards should be an analytical athlete who can toggle between overseeing our payroll process to producing analysis to identify trends, patterns, and areas of opportunity. Additionally, the individual will be integral in managing our benefit offering and ensure all our people processes are following local jurisdictions. This role ensures that rewards and recognition programs align with performance while also championing a culture of wellness throughout the firm.
The ideal candidate is a hungry, detail-oriented, people person who is eager to make their mark on all things people operations. This is a true strategic hire for us to meet the demands of a growing and diverse workforce. The position will work cross-functionally to deliver value-add support to the people team and be viewed as a subject matter expert with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
This position will be based in New York, HQ and is a hybrid role. Candidates will need to be local to the area, with opportunities for remote work 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the implementation, rollout, and adoption of ADP Workforce Manage vendor relationship, ensuring a high level of data integrity.
- Generate reports with people data to support management decision processes.
- Support integration efforts following inorganic growth (title harmonization, benefits alignment, comp strategy).
- Become a system expert to make sure Accordion is leveraging the system to its full capabilities.
- Provide comprehensive support and analyses for all people processes, including compensation, benefits and recruiting.
- Use data to tell a story internally with our employee activity and provide insight to external shifts in the market.
- Manage large data sets to provide modeling, market alignment insight.
- Payroll and Compliance:
- Oversee the semi-monthly payroll process and one-off requests accurately and timely.
- Partner with the broader People and Finance teams on all compensation processes.
- Address and resolve tax agencies requests, including timely issuance of W-2s and related filings.
- Assessment and analysis of plan documents, financial data, communications, and government filings (i.e., Form 5500).
- Complete routine audits to ensure data integrity.
- Benefits Administration:
- Oversee and advise on all employee benefits (including health, transit, vacation, sick leave, FMLA, disability, workers comp, 401k) and lead open enrollment.
- Provide necessary support to the 401k committee; point of contact for third party relationships.
- Sets firm Total Rewards strategy, defining Accordion’s compensation philosophy and approach to pay, benefits, and well-being at all levels.
- Leverage compensation survey data to advise business (and Talent Acquisition) on market changes and recommend adjustments to compensation structures accordingly.
- Participate in compensation analysis, review of salary surveys, recommend salary ranges.
- Support compensation-related projects or workstreams.
- Support the implementation of new compensation programs policies or regulations.
Ideally, You Have:
- Proficiency in all aspects of ADP, including Workforce Now and payroll administration.
- Direct experience with all aspects of benefit administration.
- 10+ years of Payroll and Benefits Administration, HRIS management experience, relevant compensation.
- Experience designing, implementing, and administering compensation and incentive plans, systems, and tools.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel with strong data analytics skill set (pivots, vlook-ups, macros, etc.).
- Knowledge of total rewards (compensation and benefits).
- Experience in compensation program design, and compensation functional design. M&A integration support.
- Experience consolidating, analyzing, and deciphering disparate data to help drive decision-making.
- Collaborate with external vendors to stay informed of emerging trends and proactively put forward recommendations that enable Accordion to remain competitive in our health and wellness programs.
- Solid understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they impact HR systems.
Ideally, You Are:
- A consummate team player – we’re a small but scrappy people team and are looking for someone who is willing to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and take on whatever people challenge is thrown their way.
- Results oriented and can seamlessly contribute when called upon.
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth.
- Experienced in finance or professional services industry.
- Passionate about accuracy and have strong attention to detail.
- Independent and individually motivated with high integrity but can also work effectively in a team.
- Process oriented, but you are also willing to challenge convention.
- A critical thinker who proactively finds opportunities to streamline processes and improve data quality.
- Hungry, bright, and positive; you demonstrate great judgment and are proactive.
- Experienced in working in a high growth environment.
Salary: $175,000 to $225,000 + benefits + bonus
Actual compensation packages are determined by evaluating a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, education, certifications, cost of labor and internal equity.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and South Florida.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!