Associate, Transaction Execution Services
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Transaction Execution Services
Our Transaction Execution Services group brings a methodical and action-oriented approach to identify and create value for our clients. We provide private equity buyers and sellers with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for diligence, acquisition merger & integration, carve-outs (stand-alone and integrated), sale preparation and IPO preparation.
The team combines IMO / SMO and project management expertise with deep Finance & Accounting and Private Equity knowledge across the full spectrum of the deal life-cycle from pre-deal diligence, operational interdependencies and synergy reviews to 'Day 1' readiness planning and post close implementation all the way through sell side readiness (sale preparation) and IPO readiness.
- Advise small client teams and support larger, more complex projects in planning and executing operational diligence, merger integration and carve-out initiatives including Day 1 readiness, Transition Services Agreement development and operationalization, synergy identification and model development, executive sponsor reporting.
- Assist the Integration Management Office/Separation Management Office, and/or Finance workstream, including development of functional integration and carve-out plans and execution activities, with heavy focus on cross-functional interdependencies
- Prepare financial statements, pro forma financial statements, and financial restatements typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, restatements and proposed sale transactions. Establish or integrate financial and business processes and policies.
- Work closely with third party constituents including board members, C-level executives, investment bankers, Quality of Earnings providers and others to provide overall project and team management leadership including: preparation of supporting analysis and schedules, responding to diligence requests, coordinating timelines and schedules.
- Set strategy and oversee the integration and carve out of all IT related aspects of M&A. This high intensity process includes combining infrastructure, applications, people, and process. Guide clients through the process of making their most critical and long-lasting IT decisions by uncovering key business requirements, researching potential providers, assessing alternative IT vendors and build consensus around the selection choice.
- Stand up overall Project Management Office for IPOs and SPACs. Support the preparation of SEC filings including the S 1.
Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Analytics, Information Technology, or a related field and 2 years of experience performing transaction execution services in a consulting environment within the Private Equity industry Or, in the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Analytics, Information Technology, or a related field and 4 years of experience performing transaction execution services in a consulting environment, within the Private Equity industry.
Experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include:
- 2 years of experience in performing Merger & Acquisition deal cycle from pre diligence to post-deal, carveouts and standalone costing models.
- 2 years of experience preparing companies for Initial Public Offerings (IPO) and Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) deals, and evaluate a company for public company readiness and have a clear grasp of IPO and SPAC timelines.
- 2 years of experience using business applications (ERP, CRM, BI) and information technology applications in a Merger & Acquisition environment.
- 2 years of experience preparing synergy models, 13-week cashflow, and three financial statement models.
- 2 years of experience consulting with clients to prepare and issue written finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- 2 years of experience managing multiple cross-functional workstreams (finance, accounting, IT, operations, commercial, supply chain) on M&A, carveouts and transition services agreement.
Worksite: 1 Vanderbilt Avenue, New York, NY
Salary Range: $134,000 to $165,000 + bonus + benefits
Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
Apply online at https://www.accordion.com/our-story/careers, referencing Req. #LN22
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!