Associate, Merger Integration & Carve-Outs
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a nationwide team of 350+ finance and technology professionals, serving the world’s leading private equity firms from ten offices and remote locations across the U.S. (Accordion’s headquarters are in New York, with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and South Florida.)
Working at the intersection of sponsors and management teams, Accordion partners with clients at every stage of the investment lifecycle to elevate the finance function. Our services span the Office of the CFO – providing hands-on, results-oriented execution and technology-enablement.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and entrepreneurial environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!
Transaction Execution Services
Our Transaction Execution Services group brings a methodical and action-oriented approach to identify and create value for our clients. We provide private equity buyers and sellers with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for diligence, acquisition merger & integration, carve-outs (stand-alone and integrated), sale preparation and IPO preparation.
The team combines IMO / SMO and project management expertise with deep Finance & Accounting and Private Equity knowledge across the full spectrum of the deal life-cycle from pre-deal diligence, operational interdependencies and synergy reviews to 'Day 1' readiness planning and post close implementation all the way through sell side readiness (sale preparation) and IPO readiness.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead small client teams and support larger, more complex projects in planning and executing operational diligence, merger integration and carve-out initiatives, to include:
- Day 1 readiness
- TSA development and operationalization
- 100-day plans
- Synergy identification and model development
- Interdependencies identification
- Executive/sponsor reporting
- Depending on the size of the engagement, support or lead the IMO/SMO, and/or Finance workstream, including development of functional integration and carve-out plans and execution activities, with heavy focus on cross-functional interdependencies by:
- Ensuring all necessary functional activities are coordinated and completed in a timely, effective and efficient manner
- Within the Finance workstream
- Preparing financial statements, pro forma financial statements, and financial restatements typically in connection with acquisitions, carve-outs, restatements and proposed sale transactions
- Establishing or integrating financial and business processes
- Working closely with clients in the preparation and issuance of written finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Conducting reporting process improvement reviews to increase financial reporting accuracy
- Assist companies preparing for a sale to strategic and financial buyers by:
- Working closely with third parties constituents including board members, C-level executives, investment bankers, QoE providers and others to provide overall project and team management leadership including:
- Data room population
- Preparation of supporting analysis and schedules
- Responding to ongoing diligence requests
- Coordinating timelines, schedules and work streams to ensure a smooth transaction
- Assist with the development of presentations for client proposals and thought leadership materials
- Contribute to the refinement of existing sell side, merger integration and carve-out approaches, checklists and deliverables
- Mentor/coach our people
Ideally, You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience, specializing in operational due diligence, merger integration, carve-outs, business transformation and change management
- IMO / SMO / PMO experience
- Functional expertise in at least one or more of the following:
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Communications planning
- Supply Chain
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to influence both internal and external relationships
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills that can be utilized to translate disparate data into meaningful insights for our clients
- Drive and grit
Ideally, You Are:
- Excited to be part of a growing team, with a focus on driving future growth
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Knowledgeable about the relationship between Private Equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, particularly within the office of the CFO
- Willing to get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture
- Comfortable managing projects with multiple complex workstreams while also focused on your single workstream (you are managing and doing).
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable in a fluid, flat organization
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- A team player, able to work with team members across all levels
- Someone who enjoys mentoring others and doing meaningful work
- A leader of others; you lead by example
- Willing to travel according to client needs
Salary Range: $120,000 to $165,000 + bonus + benefits
Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
Accordion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this Job
In 2009, Accordion set out to prove that there was a better way to work in finance – and more specifically, a better way to unlock value potential in private equity portfolio companies. In the years since, our firm has grown into a bi-coastal team of 180+ finance and technology professionals, serving nearly 200 of the world’s leading private equity firms out of offices in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, and Dallas.
Our mission is to shape a new era in the private equity industry. Focusing exclusively on the office of the CFO of PE-backed companies, we’re committed to driving value creation through financial consulting services and portfolio operations technology.
So, what does it mean to work at Accordion? It means thriving in a high-growth, agile, and collaborative environment. It means changing the way private equity firms create value at their portfolio companies. And ultimately, it means making your mark on the firm’s future – by embracing a culture rooted in humility and a firm-wide commitment to building something great, together. Join us!